Got to read an article about the speech given by Dr.Kalam to 2007 batch IAS trainees at Mussoorie. Here goes the direct points from him…..
- I visualize a scene “What the IAS officers of 2007 batch will be remembered for?” Will you be remembered for a visionary action for the nation?
- Will you be remembered for revitalizing or revolutionizing in your district, the integrated Primary Health care Centre as a Public-private-partnership?
- Will you be remembered for working and creating a scheme in partnership with agriculture research institutes, extension workers and farmers for doubling output of food-grains in your district and thereby increasing the per capita income of each of the farmers?
- Will you be remembered for ensuring that dropout from schools in your district reaches virtually to zero through your innovative actions?
- Will you be remembered for making your district a fossil fuel free district? That means, villages in your district will transformed into bio-wind-solar villages.
- Will you be remembered for establishing number of PURA complexes (Providing Urban Amenities in Rural Areas) in your district? This will provide physical, electronic and knowledge connectivity leading to economic connectivity that is enhanced earning capacity of the rural citizens.
A perfect and meaning full content I have read in recent times. I wish every IAS officers should be remembered at-least for one of the above said points.