Oct 7th of 2009 (tomorrow) , Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam is meeting the representatives from 30 NGO’s and will be discussing on the social grounds. Dr. Kalam wanted to meet all the NGO representatives to know more about the organizations . Will be giving some advice on the development of India through the activities of Action 2020 group, which is working towards the dream vision- India 2020. Action 2020 is a network/group which links around 35 NGO’s working in and around TamilNadu. Dr.Kalam has always shown some special interest on the Action 2020 team activities.
Dr.Kalam - the man of biggest Dreams
Blossom is also part of the Action 2020 team and our representatives (mohan & Arun) are also meeting Dr.Kalam tomorrow. And its good to see a great man interested in the NGO’s works and inspiring them by his commitment and his activities.
The meeting is scheduled on 7th Oct 2009 , 8.15 pm at RAJ BHAVAN, Chennai and the time given was one hour. And we wish the meeting should be extended for some more time. So that we can get some more ideas from Dr.Kalam to proceed further. Happy to be a part of Action 2020 and happy to meet Dr.Kalam. Let me update with the happenings soon.
Got to read an article about the speech given by Dr.Kalam to 2007 batch IAS trainees at Mussoorie. Here goes the direct points from him…..
- I visualize a scene “What the IAS officers of 2007 batch will be remembered for?” Will you be remembered for a visionary action for the nation?
- Will you be remembered for revitalizing or revolutionizing in your district, the integrated Primary Health care Centre as a Public-private-partnership?
- Will you be remembered for working and creating a scheme in partnership with agriculture research institutes, extension workers and farmers for doubling output of food-grains in your district and thereby increasing the per capita income of each of the farmers?
- Will you be remembered for ensuring that dropout from schools in your district reaches virtually to zero through your innovative actions?
- Will you be remembered for making your district a fossil fuel free district? That means, villages in your district will transformed into bio-wind-solar villages.
- Will you be remembered for establishing number of PURA complexes (Providing Urban Amenities in Rural Areas) in your district? This will provide physical, electronic and knowledge connectivity leading to economic connectivity that is enhanced earning capacity of the rural citizens.
A perfect and meaning full content I have read in recent times. I wish every IAS officers should be remembered at-least for one of the above said points.
This was the meeting I was speaking in the post(click to see the old post) few days back . Few chennai based NGO members met Dr. kalam for a normal discussion on the current activities.
YHM and other NGO members meeting with Dr.Kalam
The person standing in the right side corner is Kalam Nagappan, founder of YHM , the gal sitting in the center is Uma , founder of SIRAGU Montessori school and Suyam Trust, person sitting in the right side corner is Mr.Srinivasan of India Vision 2020. Hope this meeting would have brought a tremendous change in every one there. Good luck and keep goin.
And good news is Dr.Kalam wanted to add more NGO’s with India Vision 2020 and seems that he asked Mr.Srinivasan of India Vision 2020 to add more NGO’s for working together. And hence Blossom has also got a invitation to join with them. And its our pleasure to join them. 🙂